Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday 8 November 2007

Welcome

Welcome to Lonny Lonsdale's Junk!

I've just been given a Triumph Spitfire 1500 by my Dad (Dave Lonsdale) who bought it 10 years ago from a bloke who had started to restore it. It's been sitting in Dad's garage for the past 10 years occasionally being raided for spares for his other 1500 Spitfire which is (nearly always) on the road.

I'm going to attempt to finally get this car up and running, over 15 years since the original restoration was started.

The number plate "LLJ 888P" lead to the car being called "Lonny Lonsdale's Junk - Worth 888 Pence!" by my Mum and so that is why I've decided to use it as the title of this Blog.

I'm hopefully going to use this Blog to record some of my activities during this restoration over the following weeks, months, and maybe even years!

Have fun reading... Paul.

2 comments:

Kimba Lonsdale said...

Cool - will be good to watch your progress. Lots of pics please!

Luke said...

Looking good! I am thinking of doing the same (C'head cracked due to heavy foot) have you got any info you could post on the finer details of the coversion, mounting, gearbox etc..? Cheers Luke