Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday 10 November 2007

Day One!

I went up to Dad's house today to have a look at the car. Here's a few pictures of how I found it and us clearing it out:

The car being used as a storage container...

Dad uncovering the car for the first time in a few years!

First job we did is remove the body.

The bodywork is in fantastic condition.

And here's the chassis waiting to be rebuilt!

So as you can see the body and chassis are in excellent condition with hardly any work needed other than preparation for painting.

I've just bought a 2.0L Mondeo for not very much money as a donor car. It has a Zetec Silver Top engine in it and should mate nicely with a Type 9 or MT75 gearbox.
The chassis is now in my garage sitting on axle stands waiting for the next job.

The current plan is to build the car with the body as it is so I know what modifications I will need to make prior to sending it all off for spraying.

More to come soon!

No comments: