Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday 29 March 2008

Update...

Because I'm converting to a rotoflex rear end I needed to weld some brackets to the chassis to acommodate the lower wishbones. This was done on Wednesday last week and has been painted with undercoat today. I'm still waiting for the rear spring - apparently there is a hold-up at the manufacturers but I have got the alloy uprights, wishbones, and all the nuts, bolts, and poly bushes waiting ready for assembly. I've also got the bearings, hubs, brake parts, and CV driveshafts so I'm looking forward to getting that on the car. I finally got the stainless steel disc brake shields so I have started re-assembling the front uprights and hubs. A few minor problems along the way with wrong sized bolts and stripping threads but I should have that finished shortly. I've also fitted the anti-roll bar at the front.

1 comment:

David Powell said...

Bar in the mind when assembling those CV shafts and alloy uprights the CV body fouls the upright, also the CV boot rubs the upright, the uprights will need lathe work. Also if you have NEW HUBS, the tolerance on the end of the CV shaft stub is NOT correct, you'll have a nightmare doing the endfloat on the bearings, if use OLD hubs. Also the alloy wishbones don't fit the alloy uprights, you'll need to make some technical spacers.

Atleast thats the case with the junk I have here.