Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Blimey it's March already!

Progress has been so slow due to a number of factors such as weather (way too cold some evenings), illness, laziness, complacency, the list goes on but all I know is that I had better get a move on if I want to get this car finished by July!!

Here are the things that have happened since I last posted - sorry no photo's at the moment because I am at work but I'll post some soon.

  • Front suspension has been built, dismanteled, built, dismantled, and am just waiting for some new stainless steel disc shields to arrive before I build it for the final time.
  • Steering rack is in.
  • Anti-roll bar has ben painted and is awaiting fitting - all new poly bushes and the end bits are sitting in a box.
  • Differential is in - all new poly bushes.
  • Rotoflex uprights and brake back plates have been shot blasted and painted and are ready for assembly.
  • Someone is due to come and weld the extra brackets to the chassis next week for the rotoflex conversion.
  • Still waiting on the arrival of some alloy rear rotoflex wishbones and a new spring but apart from that the rear end is ready for assembly.
  • The zetec engine has been stripped and cleaned and is ready for a lick of paint.
  • I've received delivery of my modified sump and modified oil pickup which has been re-baffled and shortened for the new way round its fitting in the car.
  • Finally received my custom build intake manifold to connect my motorbike throttle bodies to the engine - this is the coolest bit!

So as you can see although the overall progress is slow I have been doing a few bits an pieces and I'm expecting to accelerate through the next stage of actually mounting the engine and fitting the body.

Watch this space...

1 comment:

Mark Cranfield said...

Really enjoying the blog, going to do the sami in a Vitesse as soon as my finances pick up again.

Regards Mark